From EUR 20
Take the trip to visit the famous islands of Murano and Burano and learn about the age-old handcrafts that brought these little islands fame from the quality Murano glass and Burano lace being made first-hand. It’s the perfect afternoon trip from Venice for those seeking a combination of history and behind-the-scenes action!
After a short ride on a boat you will reach MURANO. Explore the island on foot and stop at a glass factory to watch a skilled glass blower create works of art. Learn from your guide about Murano’s wealth in the 15th and 16th centuries when the island was central to Europe’s glass making. Before re-boarding the boat, you'll have time to visit a museum showcasing the world-famous Murano glass.
Afterward, journey to the island of BURANO and admire the picturesque fishermen's houses painted in bright pastel colors. In this miniature Venice, you’ll find the famous lace – abundant since the 16th century and once considered the most refined in Europe. Browse local shops and find lace on display at a museum dedicated to the craft of lace making before your guide returns you to Venice.
The tour will continue to the delightful island of TORCELLO, home to Venice’s first cathedral. The cathedral, Santa Fosca, is a masterpiece with its mosaics and Byzantine structure. After your tour, re-board the motor launch to cross the lagoon back to Venice. The tour ends at the original starting point.
9:30am - 11:00am - 2:30pm Summer Schedule
11:00am Winter schedule
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing
Alilaguna ticket office by the Royal Gardens - 5 mins walk from St. Mark's square. Please verify the map on your voucher. You need to show your e-voucher at the ticket office and exchange it with the boat ticket. The boat will depart from Alilaguna pier opposite the Alilaguna ticket office.
|INCLUDED||Boat transportation to Murano, Burano and Torcello islands, local guide|
|NOTE:||The tour could be multilingual|
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- Passengers have to reach the meeting point 15 minutes prior to departure.
- You will have around 30 minutes at leisure to explore each island
- Tour will not operate in the event of bad weather. Your tour will either be rearranged or a full refund offered.
- The tour is not private but shared with other guests not belonging to the same party in fact Italy on a Budget tours is not the direct organiser of this tour and we collaborate with a local agency. This means that the target of the partecipants is varied. It is important for us if you could send us your feedback after the tour by email in order to understand if the service offered is up to your espectation and high standard
- The entrance fees to churches in Torcello is not included.
- The morning of the Vogalonga Regatta (May 24th 2015) tour does NOT operate.
- The afternoon of the Historical Regatta (September 6th 2015) tour ends at “Fondamente Nuove” area instead of Saint Mark’s area.
- The afternoon of the Burano Regatta (September 20th 2015) tour does not stop in Torcello.
Take a trip to Murano for the exquisite glasswork, Burano for lace and Torcello for Venice’s first cathedral – the islands in the lagoon in Venice make for some very engaging sightseeing.
Murano has been producing beautiful crystal since the 10th century when Venetian traders brought back the secrets of production from the East. Burano with its pastel-coloured fishermen’s cottages is as pretty as the lace it is famous for. Beautiful mosaics at Torcello’s cathedral, Santa Maria Assunta, add to the beauty of this Byzantine structure.
This tour gives you the chance to explore the beauty and heritage of Murano, Burano and Torcello first hand.